Due to the overwhelming response of applications each day Hunter Valley Zoo is not currently taking applications.
Please wait for the site to be updated. We cannot 'hold' applications, any that are sent will be deleted. You will see application opportunities here with a time frame when we are taking applications. At this time we do not have a date available we will announce it on our social media for those who use that platform regularly.
Interested in becoming a Zoo volunteer?
Hunter Valley Zoo runs a volunteer program which provides valuable experience for individuals interested in working in the captive animal industry. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Interested in working in the Captive Animal Industry
- Applicants must be 16 years or older
- One day per week minimum commitment 8:00am - 4:00pm and working in all weathers
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to perform physical tasks including raking and lifting
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- willing to work on public holidays and in NSW school holidays
To apply, simply download and print the Volunteer Form fill it out and send it back to us with your resume via post or email.
**Please include your resume for additional skills information**
**DO NOT reformat the form, only type or write in the provided space**
--Ability to follow instruction at application is important in the workforce--
Please Note: Due to the overwhelming response of volunteer applications you will ONLY be contacted if your application is being considered.
Mail: Hunter Valley Zoo, 138 Lomas Lane, Nulkaba 2325.